Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summer Garden

Nothing quite says summer like fresh veggies straight from the garden. During summers when I was growing up, I remember having dinners made entirely of treasures from Dad's plentiful garden. We have attempted to have a garden before and were unsuccessful (I think it has something to do with the entire large bag of fertilizer I put on it). This year Justin has decided to bravely take out one of our beautiful flower/rock garden and put in a vegetable garden hoping to have better luck this time. Justin is so lucky that he has boys who love to play in the dirt because the boys were more than happy to volunteer to help. Here they are moving the dirt into the wheel barrow while Justin was moving millions of rocks.

Thankfully my brother-in-law, Clay, needed extra dirt, which we were happy to give. The boys helped load the truck and Clay's kids, Porter and Eva, where more than willing to help unload.

Behind Danny and Preston you can see Justin's hard work. He made a 2 tiered garden in the great hill of our back yard.
Thanks for all of the hard work guys! I can hardly wait until we can have our first dinner made entirely of fresh veggies.

No comments: