Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years



Justin and I went to Island Park with some friends for New Years. We had a wonderful time playing in the snow and being together. It was great to have the opportunity to get away. We have both been to Island Park many times as children and adults in the summer time, Justin has never been there in the winter and I have only been there a few times in the snow. It was beautiful. We snow shoed by the Buffalo River, hung out in the lodges by a fire, rode snow machines to Masa Falls and beyond, and hung out together at the cute cabin we stayed in. The weather even agreed with us for the most part (it was -23 degrees on the day we left the rest of the days were nice). I was so nice to be able to go although we missed the boys and thought of them often, it was a wonderful relaxing break from reality.
Thanks Mom and Dad Meyer for letting the boys stay with you, they had a great time. We are still listening to many stories about their time with Grams and Grandpa. I am not sure we could ever repay you.
(Try to ignore the hat/helmet hair in these pictures.)

4 comments:

Wendy Hegerhorst said...

Island Park looks so different with snow everywhere. Harold and I went there on our Honeymoon and have not been back. Looks like you had fun and like the boys had a great Christmas.

Joanna Barrett said...

I'm wiping a tear from my eye as I read this and realize my time at home has come to an end--thanks for reminding me of the dreadful upcoming semester!! But guess what Deb, your getting so close to being done, the dreadful semesters will come to an end soon--maybe not soon enough tho! Love the pic of Preston looking in the whole and tell the boys to come shovel my snow and I'll hang out playing guitar Hero while they do! HAHA

Jason and Arwen said...

Looks like fun. Jason and I did nothing for New Years. We went to bed at 10:30 the night before. Is Justin wearing a pink hat?

The Horton Family said...

How fun for you guys - a nice trip for your anniversary - or around the same time at least. :)
Preston is such a funny kid! Nice to know that you have his tummy well documented! :)